Epic Games have updated the Fortnite in-game news feed to announce the upcoming arrival of a new limited time mode – The Floor is Lava.
If you’re sitting there thinking “what? the floor is lava?” then did you even have a childhood? In the classic children’s game (I don’t still play it, honest), the floor is turned into imaginary lava (obviously), so you quickly have to scamper to keep your feet off the floor to avoid an imaginary hideously painful fiery death. While that may sound a bit dark, what it essentially boils down to is kids jumping around the lounge, standing on the couch, on chairs, on tables, and probably knocking over a vase or two in the process.
There’s no word on when The Floor is Lava will be available although I’d expect it to be very soon, probably later this week, and we also don’t know exactly how the game mode will play out. The in-game description reads:
“Get to high ground or build above the lava that’s overtaking the island.”
That’s all we know so far, other than the promotional picture seen below which shows two players sharing a safe platform together while their enemies fall to their heated doom, which could be indicative of the mode being specifically for duos? We’ll have to wait and see.
Epic is also working on numerous bug fixes that they’re hoping to implement with the v8.20 update following continuous complaints from players. Fortnite’s Community Manager, Sean Hamilton, has posted a list of potential bug fixes on Reddit, but if you can’t be bothered to click that link then the potential bug fixes are listed below:
- Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where Clingers were damaging players through walls when stuck to another player.
- Fixed an issue preventing Glider item pickups from displaying their stack count.
- Smoothed out the motion of grenade projectile trajectories, which were lagging behind by a tick.
- Entering a vehicle no longer plays the release sound of balloons if you have no balloons.
- The balloon rope will no longer remain on your back when you run out of balloons.
- Fixed an issue where players were flying out of a Pirate Cannon in a different direction than expected.
- Fixed an issue preventing the ability to enter a Pirate Cannon when close to other geometry.
- Fixed the ability for players to finely tune Pirate Cannon’s ability to aim side to side.
- Fixed an issue causing Buried Treasure to spawn loot on the Starting Island.
- Fixed an issue with the icy feet effect remaining on indefinitely while emoting.
- Traps now do damage to The Baller vehicle first before damaging the driver.
- Fixed issue causing some traps to be inside thicker structures, making them hard to see.
- Fixed a rare occurrence of a player being invulnerable while DBNO.
- Fixed the camera sometimes traveling too far when cycling to another player.
- Fixed an issue where poor server performance could cause undesired effects on clients such as unnecessary movement corrections.
- Added a fix for a rare server crash.
- Made a small server performance improvement related to the Baller vehicle.
- Updated animation budgets to be more performant on higher scalability settings.
- Art + Animation
- Fixed a bug where the destruction effects were not playing on the Baller when it’s destroyed.
- Fixed an issue where some items didn’t have proper audio when dropping them from inventory.
- Fixed issue with Main Menu icons becoming off-center.
- Fixed a bug that was causing a player’s Squad Fill preference to reset to “Fill”.
- Fixed an issue where scopes would be missing reticle lines on low settings.
- Fixed an occasional awkward camera movement that would occur when switching to different view targets while spectating..
- Fixed field of view on 21:9 devices.
- Fixed an issue with quickbar and extra buttons that made it possible to cause fire state to be stuck on a continuous loop.
- Fixed an issue causing the camera to jump on initial touch input.
- Fixed an issue causing incorrect building pieces to gain focus when editing.
- Fixed missing outline effect for squad members.
- Fixed minimap remaining on screen during Victory Royale sequence.
- Fixed not being able to select building material while being a passenger in a vehicle.