A massive patch for Blizzard’s team based shooter Overwatch has been released on the Public Test Region (PTR). The patch has been named as a Remaster by Blizzard in their patch notes, and makes changes to 13 of the game’s heroes.
Patch 1.41 will require a hefty 8GB download on all platforms. As usual, patches tested on the PTR aren’t set in stone, but normally make their way into the main game in the future.
The changes see both buffs and nerfs coming to the games roster, as Blizzard attempts to freshen up the meta game once again.
Here are the changes to the 13 heroes :
- Regeneration rate increased from 12.5% to 16% per second
- Delay before regeneration begins lowered from 1 second to 0.75 seconds
- Cooldown increased from 9 to 10 seconds
- Ammunition increased from 5 to 6.
- No longer blocks Chain Hook and Whip Shot
- High gravity effect duration reduced from 1.2 to 0.9 seconds
- Regeneration rate reduced from 175 to 150 per second
- Now has a 1 second cooldown after recalling the barrier
- Initial 0.2 second cast time removed
- Duration increased from 6 to 9 seconds
- Health increased from 600 to 700
- Health decreased from 250 to 200
- Speed boost’s effect increased from 20% to 25%
Amp It Up
- Speed boost’s amplification increased from 50% to 60%
- Speed buff reduced from 40% to 30%
- The extra beams created by Valkyrie now ignore enemy barriers
- Self-healing reduced from 30 to 20 health per second
- Time to reach max charge increased from 1 to 1.4 seconds
The Best Defense
- Shield health gained per hit reduced from 35 to 30
- Cooldown increased from 4 to 6 seconds
- Cooldown now begins immediately upon deploying the beacon or if it is killed by an enemy
- Duration reduced from 15 to 12 seconds
- Health reduced from 5000 to 4000
- Damage per second reduced from 50 to 40
- Players impacted by the primary fire beam should now hear a louder impact sound
- Damage falloff now starts at 13 meters, up from 10 meters
Sombra has once again been hit with the nerf hammer, with her Translocator cooldown now increased from 4 to 6 seconds. On top of increasing the cooldown, Blizzard has also altered how the cooldown begins.
Sigma has also been hit hard, with three of his ability’s being altered. Experimental Barrier has had the regeneration rate reduced from 175 to 150 per second, with a 1 second cooldown after recalling the barrier. The cast time of the barrier has now been removed, however, so it will be interesting to see how the ability now plays out in practice.
Sigma’s Kinetic Grasp ability has also been nerfed and is now unable to block Roadhog’s Chain Hook or Brigitte’s Whip Shot abilities. This nerf also acts as a stealth buff to the two other heroes mentioned. If that wasn’t enough, Sigma’s ultimate ability, Gravitic Flux, has had the time it holds players in the air reduced from 1.2 to 0.9 seconds.
Elsewhere, Tracer has seen a small buff to pistol damage falloff, which now starts at 13 meters, increased from 10. D.Va also got a nice buff for Defense Matrix, with the abilities regeneration rate being increased from 12.5% to 16% per second. The delay before regeneration has also been lowered slightly to 0.75 seconds from 1.
The patch notes also included various bug fixes for certain heroes, you can check out the notes in full here.