Blizzard are set to launch a new Halloween adventure for their popular card game Hearthstone. Doom in a Tomb, as it’s being named, will launch on October 8th and end on October 30th. That’s three weeks packed with new card slinging content.
Check out the trailer here:
The first week of the new adventure will see a timed event heading to Hearthstone for the first time.
Week 1: Doom in the Tomb, Part 1
- Gear up with your favorite member from the League of E.V.I.L and delve into the Haunted Temple, full of the baddest bosses in Uldum! The clock is running, too – race to set the record for the fastest Temple run!
- Complete a run in under 1 hour and earn a Rastakhan’s Rumble Card Pack.
- Complete a run in under 40 minutes to earn a Golden Common Ancient Mysteries
Week 2 will see part two of the timed adventure, with golden cards on offer as the reward.
WEEK 2: DOOM IN THE TOMB, PART 2
- E.V.I.L has their turn, and now it’s up to Reno and the League of Explorers to join the run and flex their Temple diving speed. New enemies and challenges await!
- Complete a run in under 1 hour and receive a Golden Common Temple Berserker
- Complete a run in under 40 minutes to earn a Golden Rare Generous Mummy
The third and final week will see an all new tavern brawl released, with a special reward for those who can summon enough Dreadsteeds.
WEEK 3: THE HAUNTED CAROUSEL
Get ready for the big mix-up! In this Tavern Brawl, you’ll need to strategize around minions constantly rotating board positions – all while controlling the Horseman’s time-shifted Dreadsteeds!
- Summon 100 Dreadsteeds to earn a Rise of Shadows Card Pack
As well as the adventure events, Blizzard will be shaking up the meta game by releasing 23 cards from Hearthstone’s history into standard play until the next update.
These cards will be known as event cards, meaning everyone will have access to them for a limited time, regardless of whether or not they are in your collection. At the end of the event the cards will disappear from your collection, and whilst they are in your collection they cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
The cards returning to standard are:
- Astral Communion
- Kun the Forgotten Kin
- Babbling Book
- Mysterious Challenger
- Lock and Load
- Call of the Wild
- Thing from Below
- Shaku, the Collector
- Imp Gang Boss
- Renounce Darkness
- Varian Wrynn
- Bloodhoof Brave
- N’Zoth, the Corruptor
- Sylvanas Windrunner
- Ragnaros the Firelord
- The Curator
- Emperor Thaurissan
Dual-Class Arenas will also make a return during the event and new card pack bundles will be available for purchase.
You can check out what these card packs have to offer here.